Meet Miss Kelsey Fink. I met this girl back when she was in the 7th grade (2003-2003); a definite wild child in my eyes. Then, the school year of 2003-2004 brought this so called "wild child" into my classroom. I was going to have 180 days with this kid.On day 1 of 180 a funny thing happened between me and this girl I labeled "wild child".....I totally fell in love with her. She is so great. She is funny, smart, energetic - a kid every teacher loves. She always had a smile for me, could make me smile on my bad days. I had her in class with ALL her best friends. I am not exaggerating when I say she was in there with all the other girls who made my year...Whitney Smith, Marin Hild, Brandy Farris, Sarah Reinhardt, Kacy Hensley, Katie Bridewiser, Michelle Dean, Rachael Solari, Andra Anglin, Lori Parker...I could go on.
These girls definately kept me on my toes. In October of that year, my life forever changed. It was Halloween day and I found out my dad had cancer. These girls rallied around me and just loved me. They made those hard days more bearable. I don't know what I would've done without some of them.
They've all grown up - they are seniors this year. It's hard to believe it's been 5 years since they graced Room 120 at Abell. Kelsey is the only one who keeps in touch with me. She sends me an occasional text when she's playing volleyball in Abilene, or like today when her boyfriend was playing soccer here and she wanted to come. Miss Fink came over to see me.
You going into the teaching profession to touch the lives of young people. I wanted to make a difference, and impact on just one child to make their life better, a little sweeter. When I started teaching I never realized that the kids would do that for me...
Sweet Kelsey Fink, you did that for me. You impacted my life far more than you could have ever known. Thanks for your phone calls, your text messages, and your love. You have made my world a sweeter place. You are no longer a wild child...but as you have grown up, you have become my friend.
I am excited for what life has for you...and I'm even excited that you are dating sweet James Fuller (another one of my favorites). I know you will do great things, be a great person, a successful person. But even more than that, I know you will impact this world in a great way.
I love you and thank you for loving me too!
1 comment:
you are lucky! You get to teach older grades so it doesnt take so long for them to grow up! I teach 5 year olds. Its crazy but I want to keep in touch with every kid I have ever had! I love them all! Its so good to find someone else you has a passion for teaching. Hope things are good! I have missed our little emails! =)
Post a Comment