Sunday, February 3, 2008

I wonder...

Tonight was a lot of fun. We were invited to a SuperBowl party from some friends at church who have a little girl who is 3 months older than Reese. It was fun to hang out with people who have kids and the kids just played and played....

Found out it is a small world - some people at the party are friends with some Midland friends....crazy!

I always wonder in situations like that if people wonder about me when they ask certain questions... For instance, people who are just meeting for the first time tend to ask those questions like "where did you grow up?" or "where is your family?" I always wonder - EVERYTIME I say it - when I say "my mom and sister are in Lubbock" - do they wonder why I don't say "my parents" or "my mom and dad"? I would love to say my parents live in Lubbock but I will never get to say that again...and it breaks my heart. I wish I could tell them right then and there why I only say my mom, but how awkward is that for everyone? Honestly, I think it's me...me wanting them to know how great my dad was until some horrible disease robbed him of his life and family...Oh well, just one more thing that death does to you.

I also wonder how I would introduce my mom if she ever came to Sunday School with us. People are bringing in their parents all the time and saying "This is my mom and dad from Lubbock." What would I say? "This is my mom and Rex from Lubbock?" Again - awkward....sometimes I wish you could tell the whole story...."This is my mom and her friend Rex...both of whom lost their spouses to cancer within weeks of each other and they have become best friends through their losses." Again....AWKWARD. I feel weird saying my mom has a "boyfriend" - but why should I feel weird? Rex is a great guy and I am so proud mom has him but again...something that death makes you have to deal with.....I guess it just sounds weird to say a grown adult (a grandmother at that) has a boyfriend.

Just some of the random thoughts I tend to think about.....and think about often....

Had fun tonight, was a very good weekend all together if you throw out being sick for most of it. Back to the daily grind....I can't wait until the day I am a stay at home mommy.....just a few more payments on that adoption loan.....just a few more....

I'm excited and happy for possible new friends....friends with kids - that is even more exciting. HORRAY!

Ok...it's bedtime...I'm out!

1 comment:

Julie said...

sounds like lots of fun! someday we'll have kids and then Reese can be friends with our kid. Maybe we'll have a girl and they can marry reese and his cute little pouty lip!! i'm getting way ahead of myself.