Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Where, oh where, has my little dog gone?

I really love summer, I mean, who doesn't? But since I am a teacher, summer means 2 months off! I taught summer school - and it flew by really quickly. Now, I've just got my boy home with me and we are getting into all kinds of fun stuff!

We had a bit of a catastophe on Sunday. We had driven in late Saturday night from Garrett's family reunion at Lake Whitney. We were all SOUND asleep when Garrett heard scratching at our backdoor. This means the dogs want in and so Garrett got up.

By the time he got to the back door the scratching had stopped and the dogs were off the porch. Garrett goes outside and sees Ryder standing in a corner by the back fence barking. He is SOAKING wet due to the rain.

Side note: Our dogs HATE being wet. I mean HATE. So for Ryder to just be standing in the rain was beyond odd.

Now, I'm still snoozing in my bed when Garrett comes in and says, I'll be back, I have to go find Harley.

WHAT????!!!!???? My sweet precious Harley had gotten out - dug a hole and gotten out. I immediately started crying, panicked! Ryder and Harley are both small dogs - Harley is a mini weenie dog and Ryder is a small mut mix, both under 7 pounds. I was freaking out.

For the next 3 hours, Garrett and I took turns driving around our neighborhood calling his name. Sweet Reese even went a few times saying "Hawwwweeey Wheye awwww ew?"

We finally decided that he hadn't been run over because it was VERY early Sunday morning and we would've found him. I decided to print some fliers to put out. I was in the middle of doing that when our printer, with new cartridge mind you, decided to poop out. Garrett came home and decided to go to the office to print them out.

For whatever reason, Garrett went a different way to his office than he goes every morning. Why he went this way, I don't know....but he got about 15 blocks east of our house and about 15 blocks north and he saw a family walking inside. In their arms, in a towel was our beloved Harley!

Garrett slammed on the brakes in the middle of a busy road and yelled out "Hey! Where did you get that dog?"

They said he'd been in their alley for over an hour and their neighbors thought he was theirs (they too have a little Harley). He wouldn't come to them until the got out the food and even then he skiddishly went. As soon as he saw Garrett, he went nuts and jumped out of their arms and into the arms of Garrett.

At that moment, all was right in my world.

I grew up hating dogs - my mom had a deep, deep fear from being attacked as a child and that fear was spread to my sister and I. My sister ended up getting a "chaweenie" when her now husband was in Iraq to help keep her company and I fell in love with Miss Priss and so after spending a weekend at home, we went back to Midland and found Harley. He is the best dog ever and I don't know what I would do without him. It's crazy to think I was crying over a dog, but he is our family!

He's home....and we are all happier than ever!!!

In Reese news, we went to see UP last week and Reese did amazingly. It started at 11:00 and so I snuck in Chick-Fil-A and we enjoyed some chicken nuggets while watching the movie. He sat so still the whole time and LOVED it. I loved it as well......

Today, we are going to try Ice Age....he's pumped again! We are just mainly enjoying our summer and our son....life is great!


The Koffee Kup for dinner on the way to Lake Whitney


Helping me put the address labels on the bills I paid yesterday!

No comments: