Monday, July 13, 2009

And who are you, Mr. Moneybags???

So, part of our contract with our adoption of Reese was that for the first year, we would send letters and pictures every 2 months until he was a year old and then at a year old just once a year on his birthday. Well, February came and went and I never did it...

The reason being is I haven't printed out any pictures since his 1 year old birthday. When I had to send them every 2 months it really helped, but in a year and a half, I have racked up 1500 pictures JUST OF REESE. I was dreading ordering them because I knew the cost would be around $250 and who wants to spend that on pictures that aren't professional???

Well, so in my familiar "summer mode" of staying up till 3 - 4am I was playing around on the internet and I found an AMAZING coupon for Walgreens.

Basically, you order 25 pictures and get 25 free! Hello!!!!! When I have 1500 to order, that is going to be a HUGE savings!!!

So I set out to ordering. It took FOREVER...And then after 5 times, the coupon code stopped working. So, I called customer service and found out you can only use it 5 times. So what did I do? I emailed that photo album I had uploaded to Garrett's personal and work email, my school email, my craft email and then I made up one for Reese.

I would get on there and do the whole thing - 50 photos per order and then check out 5 different times - until I had finally ordered them all! It took close to 4 hours - not all in one sitting - but I got it done for just under $125.

If you get them shipped to your house, you save $0.07 per picture. They are $0.19 per picture if you have them shipped to the store.

Basically, if you have them shipped to your house, by the time you pay shipping, you get 50 pictures for $6.98. That's the cheapest I've found anywhere! And it sure made it so much easier to but 1500 pictures at once.

I learned my lesson - I'll be printing off more periodically - that will flat out break the bank!

I wanted to share my savings with you so you could take advantage if need be. This promo ends Saturday the 18th.

If you want to use it, just type in JULYPRINTS into the coupon code and then update your total and it will then show your discount!

Because, afterall, I'm not Mr. Moneybags, are you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1500? How many do you have to send to your agency? I am so glad you found a cheaper way of doing it.

I also just read your other post about adopting again. My prayers are with you. I can't wait to see what God has in store for you. I know He has the perfect child for your family already picked out. Now it is just about timing. I know how hard the waiting game is.
Love you!
Laura