Lazy days of summer are over! But who am I kidding - I don't get to sleep late this summer... I have a 15 month old!
Last summer - Reese was 4,5, and 6 months. He would wake up around 7:00 and come lay in the bed with me until 9:00 easily...not this summer. At 15 months, he's up and running at 6:00!
Garrett has been great - getting him up and getting him ready and letting me sleep until 7:00! However, tomorrow morning and for the next 20 days I will be leaving the house at 7:00 because I am teaching summer school. The more I think about it, the more I start to second guess my decision to teach, but the money is so good - it was hard not to turn down.
We kept Reese going to Tammie's to keep him in his routine - he's only going from 7:30 to 12:30 and he will continue to go even after summer school is out. He just got over that separation anxiety the last week of school. For those of you who know about seraration anxiety, know that we just overcame a big hurdle and so I hated to get him out of his routine or else when August rolls around this little guy would be going nuts!!! It's been nice to have the mornings to myself, I've almost finished the house, but it is weird not having him here when I'm home.
Garrett called about our furniture which STILL hasn't been delivered. Good news....the couch and tables are here. Bad news...the bed, dresser, and night stands are at least 2 weeks away and they will only make one delivery! Are you kidding me?????
And I guess this blog wouldn't be complete without telling you about the ER visit we had on Friday night. This is a blog, so here's the long version.
Friday Reese stayed home with me because my car was in the shop and Garrett was going to be in Stephenville and wouldn't be home until later in the afternoon. He woke up and was pretty cranky but I just tried to work with him rather than baby him. Around 10:00 I could tell he really wanted to be held, so I picked him up and he immediately went to sleep in my arms. This isn't his normal naptime and I didn't want to ruin his afternoon nap so I woke him up around 11:30 to eat lunch. He didn't take one bite. Instead he really wanted to be held again. So, again, he fell asleep in my arms. Garrett got home around 4:30 to find the both of us asleep in Reese's bed. When I realized what time it was, I was shocked he had slept this long.
We had to go to the shop to get my car and when we got home, Reese wanted to be held again. It was at this point I realized he was WAY HOT. I took his temp and he sat still (he HATES to take his temperature) so I knew he was sick. The thermometer read 102.3. We got some tylenol in him and gave him a cold bath. He felt better and played a little but wasn't himself. We tried to feed him, but nothing. He got sleepy and cranky again and so I decided to call our good friend and Sunday School teacher who works at his Dr's office. She told us some additional stuff to try and so we immediately set out to those things.
Within 45 minutes of us trying all this stuff, his temperature had spiked at 103.5 and we just decided to take him to the ER and let them break the fever. If for anything, our peace of mind, since it was time for everyone to go to bed. By the time we got there, he's fever had gone down some, but he was still very hot and just not himself.
Let me tell you how AMAZING the dr. was. Here we are, in the ER on a Friday night, I was surely expecting some jerk who didn't deal well with kids. He came right in and immediately Reese took to him. He was so great with him - and with me, as I was a basketcase.
Turns out, we just had a severe ear infection - who knew they could cause that high (and even higher) of a fever?! They gave him a shot (a really big one!) and sent us on our merry way with a prescription and some stuff to do. They also told us the fever of over 103 could last 3 days! THREE DAYS?! Luckily - little man was back to himself Saturday night.....
We got home around 1:00...which is far better than waking up every 2 hours to check on him and take his temperature....our peace of mind was well worth the hospital bill that will be sent to us soon!
I of course, cried at the check - in, scared my baby was really sick. Garrett was a champ and was calm through it all. At 15 months, I just wasn't ready to be in the ER. (I can't imagine how my sister felt when she took KJ to the ER at 2 weeks with her husband away on army duty!). Garrett assured me I would become a pro by the 3rd broken arm, and I am sure I will, but I just can't stand to see my baby so sick.
We are back to our normal selves (except his eating) but I am sure once the ear infection is gone, he'll be chewing like a champ!
No comments:
Post a Comment