Thursday, October 2, 2008

Ten Things Thursday

In Honor of Kelly, here is my list!

I've got a lot going on and coming up, so here is my list of "10 Things I am Most Excited For!"

1. The State Fair. We are going next weekend to stay with my friend Rachel, meet up with Garrett's brother, Taylor and his girlfriend, Sarah, eat a ridiculous amount of fried food and watch Reese giggle with glee.

2. Time with Rachel. When I get to spend time with Rachel, it's like we get to talk those deep talks about life. Those talks that are the core of who you are, what you believe. I love how we can challenge each other through our differences. That and there is lots of silliness involved.

3. The Holidays. Let's face it. We are 7 weeks from Thanksgiving, which means we are like 11 from Christmas. That means 2 weeks off of work. And what couldn't be better than that?

4. A tattoo. Well, this one is a maybe. I've been saying I want one for awhile now, but I can't quite think of how I am going to sit in that chair with a needle poking ink into my skin. I've got the design all picked out - my dad's initials inbetween 2 angels' wings - it's the needle part that worries me.

5. All my TV shows. I'll just name 'em. Lipstick Jungle, 90210 The New Class, Project Runway (even though it's coming to an end), Dirty Sexy Money, The Hills (yes, I watch it), and of course all the Holiday specials that will soon be upon us.

6. Halloween. That's because I'm going to have the cutest cowboy in town!

7. My boys and weekends with them. It's the highlight of my week. They are just so fun.

8. Jenny Fort. Jenny and I made a connection on her first trip to a YL Club at Frenship back in 1999. She came with Brad Rotan who I was pretty good "buddies" with. Her and I clicked instantly. We became best buds. Jenny ended up moving to Hearne Texas to finish high school. We briefly kept in touch and then found each other again through the wonders of Facebook. Well, we have been in contact ever since and in 3 short weeks, I will get to watch my closest YL'er marry her best friend. It is a reunion 9, yes people, NINE years in the making! Jen, I can't wait to hug your face!

9. Adoptions. So many of our friends are bringing home babies through the miracle of adoption. What an amazing story. One we know so well.

10. Pictures. I haven't had any developed since Reese turned 1. The whole adoption agency and 2 month updates helped me develop them before, but now we have to update only once a year. It is so hard to make myself print them off. Oh well......

So now, go.......make your own list!

1 comment:

James & Kelly said...

Yea! I love it!!! Get the Tattoo..you've got a great reason!