Friday, September 26, 2008

Oh, the life of a 7th grader!!!

Man, do I love my job.....and it's for reasons like this one!

Our 7th graders have been on a field trip the last 2 days to the Planetarium. Classes have been crazy with some kids gone for the morning session and some gone for the afternoon session. Today, my 2nd period only had 12 out of the regular 29 kids in it.

They were working, sitting by their friends, telling stories as they worked, asking me questions about my personal life when I hear Shirdon say "Aleezcia! GIVE ME MY PHONE!!!"

Ok, well the the life of a middle school teacher, phones are big no-no's. So I look up at Aleezcia and she is holding a folded peice of paper to her ear!

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the phone in question.....

I giggle and open it up to find a fully designed phone, complete with screen saver, keypad, every bit as complete as the real thing.......


I giggle with the girls for a minute, they giggle at me for giggling when Shirdon says "Miss, it has my contacts in it too". She opens it up and, yup, there they are!


I giggle some more, they giggle at me, and I take out my phone to snap some pictures of the whole thing. They tell me when they come back from over the weekend that Vanessa will have a "new IPhone" and Aleezcia is going to make herself a "WhiteBerry"......

Oh, the life of a 7th grader! I LOVE it....

No comments: