I am wrapping up Spring Break today and I am very sad about it! Tomorrow I will face the kids who will want to talk about all the trouble they got in over the break and how much fun it was. I will be trying to review graphs and graphing for our graph test on Thursday....so much fun to be had by all!
We went to Lubbock on Wednesday night. We met up with my mom and sister and her husband for dinner and then just hung out the rest of the night. The next day I got to go with my sister to her sonogram appointment and then I cooked Pioneer Womans Lasagna. Pretty good stuff. Friday mom and I attempted to shop, but seems as Reese had other plans for us. Apparently he didn't want us eating dinner either! Saturday we went to Miss Reagan's 3rd birthday and then on home that night.
One of my best friends from high school's mom died the first Friday we were off. She was supposed to get married Saturday. Gare and I went to that funeral. It was very sad. Tiffany and I were very close in high school and I miss that friendship. We sat with Tiger who I also played tennis with and who's mom died late last year. So weird that people who were so close in high school lost a parent within 2 years of each other. Of course, as to be expected, funerals are HARD for me.....
Reese is going through seperation anxiety BIG TIME! He can't be without me for a minute. It makes life so hard. I literally can't even use the bathroom without him wanting me to hold him. I am trying hard to let him be, but when he is screaming, it is so hard to not just pick him up. He got so mad I left him at church yesterday that they thought he was going to start throwing up he was gagging himself! He knows how to get his way, that's for sure! I do feel sorry for Tammie because tomorrow is going to be trouble!
We have 2 car seats and I had the "booster" in my car today when he decided to crawl out of it! Next thing I know, he is climbing into the front seat with me!
But then he can be so sweet....giving kisses. One of the days at my moms, he put himself to bed. He was playing in the floor with her when he walked off. She thought he went to get his Curious George and when she went to check on him, he had curled up on his pallet and gone to sleep. He gives 5, blows kisses, and can say "ball", "balloon", "mama", "dada", "ry ry" (our dog's name is ryder), "Mik" for milk. He knows where his head is, his ears, his toes, he knows where shoes go and tries to put them on himself. He can clap, tell you how old he is and even knows how to hold the phone to his head and say "eye" for hi.
My sister is due any week now....I give her 4 more weeks - she is ready today!
And finally, we are house hunting. It isn't like the biggest priority, but more room would be nice. Our house is the cutest starter house, really. And when we moved here, our intentions of having a child weren't so soon. However, with adoptions, you never know and withing 3 months of starting the process, we had a son. We'd like a guest room or office and a bigger kitchen would be nice. Another bathroom is a must. I found us a cute one we are seeing today. I am just sad because this is our first house. It's this house where I brought my son home, where I had the greatest job of my life, and where Garrett and I got to be a married couple without all the drama in-laws can bring or my dad's death. I will be sad when we do leave this house, but I will be so excited to start new memories somewhere else. And just think....we will bring our next child home there! (Side note - we are not in a hurry to move, we just know that it is something we need to start thinking about. We aren't moving unless we find the PERFECT house for us right now!)
Have a great week......TAKS is in 3 weeks....I will be sitting pretty and breathing easy after that!
No comments:
Post a Comment