Monday, March 10, 2008

Not much to blog about this morning....

I really don't have much to say today...

This weekend, we had some friends over to have a Quesadilla party. A little gay sounding to the guys, but rest assured all were well fed. I got the idea from Pioneer Woman . Let me tell you, this chick knows what she is talking about.

Garrett likes fresh Pico, so I made a heaping bowl of that, followed by my father in laws famous guacamole salad (not your normal mashed up guac! This is a picture of PW's guac, mine was much better!). Of course I fried my own chips (come on guys, this is easy and way better than anything out of a bag). The options for the quesadilas were chicken, beef, purple onions, zucchini, red and green peppers and mushrooms. These things were great.

















We also had Pioneer Womans "amped up queso". It was ok - very very thick. But good.










Our friend Todd likes Bacon wrapped Japalenos so we had some of those too. They aren't too "mexicany", but they work.








Julie Webb brought Apple Dumplings and they were divine. She also go the recipe from Pioneer Woman.












Are you sensing a trend here? Uh, yeah! That Pioneer Woman is AWESOME!!!! This week, we are going to try her Pepper Bacon Chicken Sandwich, Pasta Primavera, and Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich.



And in other news, Reese is trying a new babysitter today. We love Alma, but just felt she was letting Reese do things we don't...causing him confusion. He's been off his paci and bottle for several months now and I found out last week that Alma has still been giving him both just to stop him from crying. I have never had a problem with him crying at home. Plus there was a little girl there who was ALWAYS sick and SCREAMING and Alma just wouldn't do anything about it. It was just becoming not a very good environment....so he is at Mrs. Tammie's this morning. He went right to her with NO PEEP! We'll see.....

School is school - we are spending 5 days in Lubbock next week. Things are just moving right along....

1 comment:

Julie said...

yum yum, i could eat that stuff everyday. Yesterday I had to go to the store to pick up some corn tortillas to make chips. My little fry daddy was a little confused that I wasn't frying crinkles but pushed on and became one with the tortillas :)