Friday, March 28, 2008

Furry Puppy Kisses

Last night, I called Garrett when I was leaving Bible study around 9:15. He said - hurry home, Reese is ready for bed. I get home and find my little bed bug digging through his toybox for books.

We pull some out and read them before bed. He gets to read 3 books a night. The first 2 can be any two books the reader likes ( I like this rule because I get to read the books I like - I know it will change when he starts to get favorites) and then the 3rd book is always "Goodnight Moon".

Before I go on, let me tell you how smart my little boy is. While reading "Goodnight Moon", he can look at the pictures and point to what you ask him to point to. The old lady, the balloon (BY FAR his FAVORITE!), brush, kittens.....anything. And, he turns the pages for you - such the helper!

So last night we are reading "Peek-a-boo I See". Basically it is one of those books with a little patch of furr on each animal that he can feel. You turn the page and the animal is covering his face and it says "peek-a-boo I see....." and then you open the page and it says "furry puppy kisses" or "soft kitten kisses"....you get the drift.

So we are reading it and Reese wanted to be facing me with the book in his lap while I read it to him. He was turning all the pages and opening all the flaps while I was reading the words. I would say "furry puppy kisses" and he would scratch the patch of furr and then bend down and kiss the animal! AHHHHH! (Heart melts here!) I got such a kick out of it, we read it about 6 times...and everytime a kiss!

On the "Squeaky mouse kisses" page, you can push on the mouse's belly and it squeaks. Well, Reese knows that you can't scratch it, that you have to take your finger and "poke" it. So when we get to that page, he takes his finger and just pokes away.....(Go ahead and melt again!)

Garrett tried to say "Reese, give sweet mommy kisses" and you know what that little boy did???? Blew me kisses!!!!! (And melting more...)

I need to get a video of him blowing kisses because it's not a normal blown kiss....but something much much cuter!

I never knew how much I could love until Kenny Reese came along....

2 comments:

Leslie Ruth Petree said...

I'm so bummed that I missed seeing you last night! I'm still sick though...booooo.

I love your bedtime ritual with Reese, beyond precious!

Leslie Ruth Petree said...

leslieruth.petree@gmail.com