Saturday, January 19, 2008

Wow....

My friend Shoni just called. Her mother in law had a double lung transplant almost a year ago. Things have gone exceptionally well. There have been some minor setbacks, but other than that, she has done great.

Shoni called last night to say they were doing some emergency surgery to remove some stints that they had put in.

I just got off the phone with Shoni. When I answered, I answered to sobbing. Dane's mom had flatlined and was in a coma.

Dane flew down this morning and was in the room with her when all this happened. Shoni hasn't heard from Dane for over an hour.....

Just keep this family in your prayers.....Dane is very bitter and angry with God over this entire thing and Shoni is scared at what could happen with him if God decides to take her Home.....

It is scary to lose a parent - and even scarier to watch them die. No child should have to see that - especially when that parent is so young......Pray that God can soften Dane's heart to see all the wonderful things God has planned for his life and to feel that his mom is part of that plan....And pray for Shoni as she tries to stay strong.

1 comment:

Jennifer-Colley said...

Tiffany-Thank you so much for your sweet comment! I love hearing encouraging things like that.I actually just read a verse the other day " The Lord directs our steps, so why try to understand everything along the way?" Each day I am amazed at him, even during those tough days! If you dont mind me asking what adoption agency did you use? We are kinda in the process of researching it and would love to get feed back. We have always known that we want to adopt, but just didnt know the timing. Thanks for finding me and reading about "my journey".
Jennifer