I've been thinking about how blessed my life is...
After my dad died, I was so sad, so angry, so mad that cancer had ruined all our lives. In the midst of all that was going on, my life was changing drastically. I had just gotten married the month before, my husband had just taken a new job, in a new town, which meant I was quitting the job I had for 4 years and moving to a town where we knew NO ONE! There was so much that was stressing me out, yet, so much to be thankful for.Fast forward 8 months later and to us starting the adoption process. I remember our social worker, Bob, coming to our house, answering all our questions, and just being a blessing in a very unknown and scary process. I remember getting off the phone with Lisa and her saying, "Don't expect to hear anything for at least 6 months." I hung up and thought about how perfect that would be....6 months would be summer, I would have time to focus on a birth mother. However, God had different plans for our family. Two weeks later, I got a call from another social worker about Nicole. Nicole was 6 1/2 months pregnant and we could be a possible match - would we mind if they showed our profile? "OF COURSE NOT!!!!!" The next day, the surpise of all surprises...Nicole wasn't 6 1/2 months pregnant - she was 8 1/2 months pregnant and was ready to give birth at any time!!!!! Holy cow! This kid was coming!
We got the call at 4 am on Thursday February 22, 2007. It was time...he was on his way!
Kenny Reese Rasor was born. What a joy! I had no idea how to be a mother, but I knew that God had given me a special special gift and I would do the best I could.
We are approaching Reese's first birthday - and about this time last year were right in the thick of our process. It's hard to believe that it has almost been one short year since God so richly trusted Garrett and I with this precious little boy.
Life has changed in the best kind of way for us having Reese now. He is precious and I love him and life has purpose and meaning now that he is here.
So, not long after all the heartache, God blessed me with a precious gift.....He knew what He was doing all along.
Sometimes I think we forget that God is in control and why try to do it all on our own. Reese is proof that God does indeed have this life in control and I believe he knows what he is doing. I feel like our story with Reese is proof of that. So even though some things in my life hasn't gone as I would have had them go, I know that God is in control and He will take care of it all. And for that I am thankful...
No comments:
Post a Comment