Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Back at it!

Well, I'm back to my old blogging self!

School started last week and it was a great week for me. I didn't have to go Thursday or Friday because of my surgery. Katie stayed home with Reese and so that was fun. We went shopping for his first birthday and I bought this car for him. He LOVED the box it was in, so his KK put him up on it. However, sadly, this car went back because it wasn't exactly what I was looking for.

I never knew how much I could go overboard on things until we started looking at Reese's birthday party. I went all out, much to the disappointment of my husband, but hey, he only turns 1 once, right?



We celebrated Garrett's 27th birthday on Saturday. We had dinner at the Beehive with a group of about 15 friends and then headed back to the house to play Wii. It was fun, but everyone loved original Mario best. Who couldn't resist an old school game of Super Mario Brothers?

I was going to have a girl I work with make his birthday cake, but she had that bug that's been going around. So, last minute I headed over to Creative Cakes and this is what they produced. Everyone loved it, but the fact is that Angie's cake would've blown this one out of the water. Don't worry though, she will be making Reese's cake for his birthday and let me tell you, SHE IS FABULOUS! Check out her blog at www.kenleykakes.blogspot.com She does some great stuff.



And finally, yes, I am one of those moms who holds her child down to do his hair. But, when the finished product looks like this, how could you resist?


No comments: