Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A day in the life....

Ever wonder what it is we do all day????? Wonder no more! School was cancelled for a single drop of water being on the road (sarcastic, yes!). So, Reese and I got to spend some good time together....

We started our morning at 4:30 am. Reese was up and at 'em early today! He layed in bed until about 7 when he decided he was ready for a shower. So, he showered and daddy got him dressed. He soon after met me in the kitchen to get some breakfast!
While I got ready, he decided to bring his oatmeal bar into the living room so he could watch "Beggies".

He quickly got up from his chair to show me that he had eaten all his breakfast and was ready for some more.....ok, baby, you can have some oranges!

After breakfast, we played cars on the hearth together...We had some races and in Reese's opinion, the racing cars were hilarious!

Next we decided to take a trip to the zoo....there was a lot of preperation, but it was so worth it once we got there!





The first thing we did was get on the bus so we could go to the zoo.

They had mice...

Sheep.. ..

Turtles...

A cat...

A bee...yes, daddy, this is a bee and not a butterfly

A catterpillar...this silly catterpillar had my name on it!

A VERY sparkley fish....

And a piggy! It was such a fun trip!

After we got done at the zoo, we decided to head to home so we could play in Reese's room. After all the animals we saw at the zoo, Reese decided to build a bird house with his tools...
Then, it was time to color on the Magna Doodle. I will have ot say this is one of my favorite toys of Reese's....shortly after he drew his snake (that's his favorite thing to draw) he stood on it and broke it...well, not broke it, but like made it permenantly black in spots....


Then it was time for a little baseball. Reese has a newfound love for his glove and refuses to hit without it!
I left the room for a bit and came back to find him in his toybox playing with some blocks....so sweet....


The sweetness was short lived when the next thing he did was empty his toybox on the floor.
LUNCH TIME! I made a grilled cheese that was cut into the shape of two dinosaurs (if you don't have one of these sandwich cutters for kiddos, you need to get one. Any sandwich/toast disappears QUICKLY!) He had a grilled cheese, oranges, "cream" and Chex.
This was his first experience with "cream"(yogurt). I put it on his plate hoping he'd love it. He looked at it, looked at me and made a quizzical face when saying "Cream Momma?" I said "Yes, baby." He grabbed his spoon, dipped it in and tasted it. He LOVED it and told me "MHmmmmmmm Momma, Goo Cream!"


After lunch, it was time to pick up toys, sit on the potty for a bit and take a nap. When he got up from his nap, he immediately wanted to watch Cars...

He had a good long nap and I was rounding up stuff to cook for dinner so he grabbed his sandbox toys and brought them into the laundry room to play the "doomas".....

Daddy came home and suddenly daddy's legs became the "doomas"

I was tapping a serving spoon on the side of my skillet and he thought I was playing the "doomas" myself so he tried to give me his "doomas".

Dinner was served shortly after. We had enchiladas. Reese had chicken, cheese, strawberries and more "cream". Dinner wasn't a hit. It amazes me that somedays he eats like a horse and the very next like a bird...





Thanks for sharing the day with us.....It's been a fun two days "iced" in.

No comments: