I'm trying to recall what's been going on since I last blogged and honestly, I can say not a whole lot - which can always be a good thing.
My sister and brother in law moved here last weekend. They are officially Abilenians. They are holed up in an apartment until they find a house and let me tell you I hear their pain on junky houses that are on the market...been there, done that, 5 months ago.
My mom came in town this weekend to help them with some house decisions (my mom is so good at that - she helped Garrett and I too!). So, we had a great weekend of family and mom, which is ALWAYS a great thing. Thanksgiving is going to be at my house this year - and over 25 people are coming...and at first I was nervous, but then realized I am so blessed to be able to have 25 people at my house to have a meal. Our old house would've been crammed packed and I'm so blessed to be able to have a home where we can all spread out and just enjoy our time together. So, on Saturday morning as we were all awake at 6 am due to my sweet son, mom and I start discussing the holidays and we decide to go ahead and decorate for Christmas.....
Ok, I know, a little premature, but think about it...Christmas is the most fabulous time of the year. You get to have your home looking so beautiful for about 5 minutes and then it's time to take it down. So, this year, I will get to enjoy my Christmas decorations for 6 fabulous weeks! I am totally stoked, well, except that Reese thinks the ornaments are balls and is getting lots of spankings for that....
I have always wanted a front window so that my tree could be there and when you drive by at night people could see it. And I'm happy to report, my tree looks amazing in my front window.
So other than that, we've all been sick, Garrett was gone last week for work, and I'm back to not being in love with my job. Life....what a gift! I'm just relishing these days with my 20 month old who continues to amaze me and grow so much everyday.
Here are some pictures of lately...please, enjoy!
My most perfect cowboy at Halloween...."Reese, what does a cowboy say?" "Haw Haw"!
I went ahead and tried to get a "photoshoot" for our Christmas cards. It didn't come out as I want, so I think I'll have another one later this week.....but, here are some of the best ones we got!
And, while my mom was here, she wanted a Christmas card with her boys so we had a little photoshoot with the boys. We had been outside dancing around like freaks, trying to get the boys to laugh. After about 80 pictures outside, we came inside but the light was dwindling so the next thing I know, my brother in law picks up a lamp to use like a photographer would use those big crazy lights.....we got a GOOD laugh for a long time about that one!
She just didn't understand that she needed to look at me the whole time and we would try to take care of the boys looking at us......here she is laughing because my sister was doing a semi pole dance for the boys just to try to get a smile....you can tell my mom was the only one who thought it was funny!
No comments:
Post a Comment