Today was his funeral and that brought a whole other set of emotions. It was the first funeral of someone close to me since my dad....it was rough. My Uncle Adrian was a very soft spoken, kind hearted man. He loved everyone and welcomed everyone with open arms.
He had 10 great grandchildren - 3 of who got up to speak about the kind of man he was. As we sat there today, I saw young children, children not even really old enough in my eyes to understand death, just bawling. They knew. They knew their world would not be the same without their Papaw.
And then it hit me. My dad won't ever have that. Reese will never know that kind of love for my father. It broke my heart. I sat there and cried for the loss of a great man, a man I considered to be like my grandfather, but more for my son. Reese will never know the great man who is my dad. Reese will never get to stand up and say "I love my PawPaw and I will see you in Heaven"... and it breaks my heart that my son will never know......
Here's to you Uncle A - I hope Heaven is all you hoped. I hope that your mansion is fitted with a Coke supply that will never run dry. I know it will be.....I love you.....

And not to take away from all that, it was time for a picture update and what better to make me happy than to see my son as cute as can be.......enjoy his sweetness!
I just had to put this in here....Here is Reese throwing a fit. We just laughed at him. He was sitting in my lap, watching cartoons and eating raisins. Next thing we know, he is in the middle of the floor throwing a screaming fit.....
1 comment:
So sorry for your loss. I just pray that you guys can catch a break. On a much lighter note, Reese's little fit is hilarious. Aren't women the only ones suppose to have those unexplainable mood swings?
Post a Comment