Saturday, July 12, 2008

Sushi and Cupcakes...

is what we've been up to around here.

4th of July was pretty uneventful for us. It was just time to relax and not have to do anything. We got up and rode our bikes down to a parade in our neighborhood which lasted all of 2 minutes. We had a blowout on the way, so it pretty much made the trip excrutiating. We made it though. When we got home, we took a nap and then had some 4th of July cupcakes.


Reese laughing at himself while having a mouth full of cupcake icing
Another bite...

I love these cupcakes!

Getting ready for our bike ride that morning...Reese is getting ready to put his helmet on

Headed to the door ready for a trip

And so not thrilled to be wearing that helmet in his bike rider...


I have always wanted to try sushi. I am not ready to go so far as the raw fish, but I was ready to give it a try. We have a new sushi place here in Abilene and we went there last night. We shared some California rolls. They were pretty good. My friend Rachel was dying to see how it all went over, so I took some pictures. I'm pretty sure the people around us thought I was nuts, but oh well......





And finally, pictures of my boys watching the fireworks. We are hoping to take Reese to a really good parade and festival next year. We'll just have to wait and see what we find. I know by next summer he'll be old enough to enjoy it a little more. By the middle of the 45 minute firework show, he was bored with them...he'd seen enough and was getting restless. I think next year, he'll love them!






We are headed out early Thursday morning for San Antonio. We're going to make a stop at Sea World and of course the Riverwalk. So, until then.......

No comments: