I often still read the Lubbock paper online. I still feel very much connected to it and Lubbock is still my home. I had a few extra mintues today at school and got online and found this article.
Dr. Richie Rosen was my dad's surgeon during his 2 year battle with cancer. There is not a better man. He deeply cared for my dad, deeply. He hurt when my dad hurt. He was compassionate, kind, caring, and did all he possibly could to help my dad try to beat cancer. Sure, my dad worked with more doctors, surgeons, nurses, but Dr. Rosen left an impact on me. I specifically remember us sitting in his office as a family and him answering and answering questions as we dealt with the fact that our dad was dying. He wanted to make sure he left no stone unturned with dad.
Doctors see hundreds of patients every day. But Dr. Rosen made it a point to not let me dad just be a "number".
Anyway, it's not some super great article or anything, but I do feel it speaks to the character of Dr. Rosen.....I appreciate him more than he could ever know.
1 comment:
Joe's grandma has a trailer on Woodrow that we have been waiting to move into because we will be able to pay cheaper rent and save money. The old lady who lives their now is to old and sick to live alone so she's a about to move out and then we will move in.
Post a Comment