Friday, October 16, 2009

Totally in love....

So, you've seen me plug Little Bit Funky, right? And if you haven't checked out her blog or her stuff, you need to - LIKE NOW! I get so inspired by some of the stuff she does. I love her blog - it's simple, which, with 2,593,483,494 running through my head at any given moment is a good thing. Anyways, she's got another great giveaway going on over at her blog, so check it out.

And in other news ( you all come here to read about my son, right?) He's got a new thing....his "funk". Yup, his funk. Did you know he broke his funk? He also got an owie on his funk. And, the car crashed into his funk.....are you just as confused as I was the first time I heard it? Well, "funk" is thumb. And that dern thing seems to be in Reese's way a lot lately!

And probably the cutest thing ever is a conversation like this:

Wait...let me preface by saying that my dad's name was Kenny Joe. We named Reese, Kenny Reese and call him Reese. We opted for a different middle name because my sister wanted to name her son Kenny Joe since Joe is a family name of her husbands. We at our house call Kenny Joe (the boy) "JoeJoe" because it is/was easier for Reese to say way back when JoeJoe was born. JoeJoe has stuck and we don't call JoeJoe by Kenny at all. Reese, does however know that his name is Kenny Reese Rasor. And, he's been told his PawPaw's name is Kenny too, but we usually just refer to him as PawPaw.

Ok, here goes:
Me: Reese, you're cute!
Reese: No! My Tinney Wessey Wasor!
Me: Yes, you are Kenny Reese Rasor. Who else is named Kenny?
Reese: Tinney Weesey Wasor! JoeJoe! Tinney JoeJoe Wasor! PawPaw! Tinney PawPaw Wasor in my Heabin with my Baby Jesus!

My son is brilliant......just brilliant! And that conversation warmed my heart because I always want him to know of his PawPaw and how wonderful of a man he was... I want him to be proud of being Kenny and to know what it means....and it's amazing to me all that this little sponge picks up when I'm not even trying to teach him something..... God is so good, isn't He?

No comments: