When I was a kid, I remember my mom buying those Pizza kits from the grocery store where all you had to do was add the pepperonis and cheese. She would often let my sister and I make them and we'd have them as a family for dinner.
I made one for Garrett and I when we first got married and I remember thinking "this is the nastiest thing I've ever put in my mouth!"
Having a child changed that for me. Reese is such a helper and he always wants to help me in the kitchen. It's often how I use a very rambunctios and non cooperative little boy and completely change his behavior. He can be yelling his head off, throwing his toys, and if I ask if he wants to help me cook - he changes instantly.
So, I decided that I would buy that box pizza and we would have it for dinner. So, I got my little guy in there to help out and HE LOVED IT!
It may not be the best dinner but it sure was fun making it with my little boy and husband.
Thanks mom and dad for letting us do things like this as a kid. I hope I can be half the parents to Reese that you were to me and Brandy!
No comments:
Post a Comment