Wednesday, April 15, 2009

He wanted Vaaaaa--sooooo-lineeeeeee

Do you remember that song? I think I was like a sophmore in hig school when it hit big. Landry's band did a remake of it on the TV Show "Friday Night Lights". Anyways, how does it pertain to me???

I was sick all Easter weekend. I went to bed Friday night and woke up feeling HORRIBLE. My sweet husband and inlaws let me rest - I got out of the bed for maybe an hour all day. I slept on and off and watched some TV. That night I thought I felt better, but couldn't sleep since I have been napping all day. Our intentions were to make it to church but when I woke up, felt again, HORRIBLE. We stayed home, I stayed again in bed (poor Reese hunted eggs inside so I could sit in a chair and watch him). Garrett and I decided that since there was no school Monday, I should try to get up and have some sort of routine to see if school on Tuesday would be possible. What he didn't do was wake me up when he left for work.....

He left Reese in the living room with a NutraGrain Bar and his chair and told him to watch TV until momma got up. And he left (this is around 7:45). Around 9:30 I hear some noises, wake up, and decide to see what my boys are up to. I walk down the hall and see Reese in the guest bathroom.....

He looked like this.....
He's got the vasoline tub in his hands and he just looks at me and says "Cuh-yose it momma!" He couldn't get the lid back on and was terrified at what would happen. What do you do but laugh - and do I mean laugh!

I tell him to follow me - that I want to get the camera, and so he does, and the whole way to get the camera he is going "Reesey funny, Reesey funny!"

I couldn't find the camera, so we had to use my phone and the pictures didn't turn out so great. As I continue laughing Reese continues talking and he says "I yike it, yo-shun" (I like it, lotion!)
I tell him I know...and he says "Hwere momma, you yike it, yo-shun!" He then proceeds to rub in on my pants and on my arm.
We then head back to the bathroom to get a bath started and he keeps saying "Reesey funny, Reesey funny!" How can you not enjoy moments like this?

I washed his hair 4 times that day - it still looked just as greasy as when I found him. It helped when he went to bed that night - ruined his pillowcase, but helped rid his head of some of the oils.

Garrett came home and we went to have some lunch and then headed to get him some new boots. Reese was in HEAVEN - he loves boots and "taoboys". He has 2 pairs of boots and a play cowboy hat (we are not really the country type - more the prep type - however my dad was a big cowboy and Reese loves that and I want him to love it too because of my dad). My mom is having an engagement party Barn Dance at her future in-laws and so we let Reese get this hat - he also got a new western type shirt to wear (it's a button down Polo that is red and white checked - that's about as country as we get, folks!)

He loves it, and so he wore this outfit around all day Monday.....


Days with this little boy make my life so sweet!

No comments: